Based on the submission of Self - Appraisal Report and duly filled in application, IOD [Institute of Directors] has declared ‘Sudarshan Chemicals Industries Limited’ as the Winner of ‘Special Commendation’ for ‘Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility’ for the year 2016, by the Awards Jury under the Chairmanship of Justice M. N. Venkatachaliah, former Chief Justice, Supreme Court of India.
This Award for Corporate Social Responsibility has been instituted to encourage initiatives in Corporate Social Responsibility promoting sustainable development.
Some facts which make this journey commendable for Sudarshan are:
- The Secretariat received 325 responses this year for the above annual Golden Peacock Awards.
- Total 191 applications were shortlisted after scrutiny for final selection through a 3 tier Assessment Process. The Quality of Shortlisted Entries evidenced their commitment and high level of quality to achieve world-class status.
- An Assessment Group comprising of Corporate Social Responsibility and Human Resource experts was set up to assess the applications. Each of the applications was reviewed independently by assessors, and was later discussed by the committee for normalization of assessments/reviews. Certain clarifications were sought and received by the assessors, from the applicants and limited requirement for final clarification visits were arranged.
- Review Parameters/Criteria: The applications were assessed on an exhaustive set of self-assessment parameters, as mentioned in the guidelines for a total score card of 1000 marks. Final cut-off applied on each application was 80 percent. The applicant scoring the highest among each of the respective Industrial Sectors, were finally recommended to the Jury for final selection and approval.
- Industry sector wise 20 winners declared & In SPECIAL COMMENDATION, there are 6 winners. Sudarshan Chemicals Ltd. is TOP on the list!
The ‘Special Commendation’ for National Level Golden Peacock Award was conferred to Sudarshan for Corporate Social Responsibility- for the year 2016 at IOD India’s ‘11th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility’ at Hotel Lalit Ashok, Bengaluru on 20th January 2017.
The Award was presented by His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Founder, The Art of Living. , Lt. Gen. J. S. Ahluwalia, PVSM (Retd), President, Institute Of Directors, India, Mrs. Rajashree Birla, Chairperson, Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development, Aditya Birla Group and Mr. S. Chakraborty, Chief Executive, Innovative Financial Advisors.